cabingoddess

Kriss Morton - In the Loft of the Cabin Goddess

Bikers, Babes & Books! Today's Author Belle Whittington @AuthorofCicada

BIKERS-BABES & BOOKS is a themed book signing taking place at STUBBSHARLEY-DAVIDSON in Houston Texas. This event will feature multiple authors whose books are biker themed or have a main character who rides a motorcycle.

It is a FREE event (from 2pm-5pm) but please sign up through Eventbrite for the FREE ticket so that we may get an estimate of attendance. This will help make sure that we have enough books for everyone and also provide a way for us to contact you about any news.

Read more -->> HERE <<--

[book-info]

Places that Inspired!

belle

Readers of my CICADA trilogy enter the story at the Sonic in a small, inconsequential, southeast Texas town.

To those just passing through on their way to other places, Willis appears to be a tiny town at the crossroads of IH-45 and FM 1097. Many have nicknamed Willis as a “bedroom community”, which generally means that most people commute to neighboring towns for work.

TXBut, as you may have guessed, there’s more to Willis, Texas than meets the eye. This mysterious town stretches its arms out into the great Piney Woods like antennae searching for secrets that lay hidden in the unlikeliest of places. It’s in those places, nestled beneath the shady canopies of the pines and ancient oaks, you’ll find most of the places my characters visit in FIREFLY.

Lake

LC

Conroe, for instance, plays a role in the lives of the town folk of Willis and also in the lives of my main character Blair Reynolds, her family, friends, and even a foe. For, you see, the murky waters of Lake Conroe lap at the eastern boundary of the family ranch. Not only has the lake provided hours of enjoyment in the lives of many of the characters, but it also ends up saving Blair in the ending chapters of FIREFLY. If you haven’t visited the lake, you should do so sometime … either on vacation or by picking up my books!

the pizza shackBefore my characters prepare to travel to unknown territories south of the border, there are a few stops in Willis where they even bump into actual residents. If you’re considering a weekend trip to discover where it all happens in FIREFLY, you've got to include The Pizza Shack on your list of “must visit” locations. You can even sit at the same table where Ash and Blair share a pizza together after a run-in at the local Walgreens.

BWLike most coming-of-age stories, my characters grow and move on to different places. In the case of Blair and her friends, those places lie deep in the jungles of Brazil where another small, inconsequential town called Cândido Godói harbors secrets about the connection between them and the extraterrestrials that have become a dangerous reality in their lives. But, to find out more about that, you’ll have to wait for the release of MONARCH in 2014!

Check out my books CICADA and FIREFLY, then plan a trip to visit Willis, Texas! Though the town may seem small, the adventures are quite the opposite!

BBB20

Belle Whittington

is a Featured author at

To see the entire list of Featured authors for this event along with all the details visit the website..

~ Bikers - Babes & Books ~