cabingoddess

Kriss Morton - In the Loft of the Cabin Goddess

This Dark Magic

This Dark Magic - Chryse Wymer t is the perfect length for a short story, a nice quick read, except do not read it to quick or you will get a bit lost. The writing style is first person narrative, and reads in an almost noir-esque fashion, kind of like a private eye tale. The voice of Charlie Landers, our lead character, is what you would expect from a seasoned journalist in a small town.

The cast of characters is a hoot too, Master aka The Dork of Darkness! The descriptions of his coworkers, the colorful choice of metaphors and as I said noir-esque style of writing. Perhaps more of a parody of noir writing! It is a rumble tumble ride to save himself, despite having to turn to the one thing that does seem to scare him, because running away from the cops certainly didn't, an that was dark magic! Who will get the switch in the end? Well you are going to have to fork over 99ยข and find out!