cabingoddess

Kriss Morton - In the Loft of the Cabin Goddess

Alice in Deadland (Alice in Deadland, #1)

Alice in Deadland (Alice in Deadland, #1) - Mainak Dhar I think I was expecting more because of the hype, but the read over all was fun.

I'm actually glad it was not a parody of AinW and more of something feasible if the Rising or AS we're to happen thusly. Coming away sympathetic to zombies is quite a feat. And I liked the whole conspiracy aspect. Though not fully original, vilifying who the author did was fresh for me.

I would give this 3.5 stars if I had a choice. I'm not completely sold on the world build yet but I was not disappointed. Endearing characters abound and the backdrop of the Western part of Asia really made the settings new and different. It's always interesting reading something set in place you are not familiar with.

I will read the next for sure. Don't think my rating of anything lower than a four or five means its a bad book. More like a seven out of ten :) This is the author's first an I know from the thoughts and reviews from everyone who shares my love for zombies it only gets better.

Faults were some scattered and not quite believable survival skills happening in the middle of the book. That and it floundered for to long of stretch and I found myself having to force my way through a few of the rough patches. It picked up again and got back on a solid writing ground, otherwise I would have been rating it a solid four. The writing was almost a heavy starch but not heavy enough to keep the wrinkle out, (if that make sense lol)

Honestly I cannot wait to dig Into book two.