cabingoddess

Kriss Morton - In the Loft of the Cabin Goddess

Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!

Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! - Candace Havens I am going to admit it, I signed up to read and review this book purely because of the title! Yep, it is not just the cover that sells me, but when a name like this can seize me and inspire me to giggle like a schoolgirl with my friend, who also ended up reviewing for the tour, well… it’s a winner! Great job Entangled and Candace!

Though you all have heard it, I am going to say it again, I am not a romance reader. I SWEAR TO ALL THAT IS HOLY… BACON! I just cannot stand traditional romance, and yet due to me being the host for Bewitching Blog Talk Radio and a fan of I Smell Sheep and my girls (yes I am outing you all) in my Gutter Girl Party Crew group, I have been sucked into the world of Paranormal Romance, specifically of the shifter variety. Yea, yeah, yeah… Keep laughing! One day when you look up and realize you are reading a Bodice ripping shifter book with tons of hot alphas you will be singing my song!

What makes this book, romance at that, something I would devote time not only to review, but also a recipe creation also? Well first off it is FUN! I mean giggling laughing fun. Runaway heiress who frankly is not entirely sure what she is running away from other than she does not want to get killed. Our girl Ainsley’s antics had me rolling my eyes with her outfit choice. The fact she’s not even prepared for a Montana winter? She could have bought a jacket with the rust bucket of a truck! I laughed at her calmly having a conversation with a Tiger who appears to be laughing at her after causing the crash of her sparkly new rust bucket of a truck… In the middle of Montana… In a SNOWSTORM *Giggle.. Snort.. Giggle*

She is rescued by the local sheriff (yeah yeah keep cackling) and ends up walking into a bar owned by Luc who is at present watching his waitress go into labor. Since this is not the best time to be without help, the moon is coming up on being full, (SHIFTER BAR, remember?), he is somewhat stuck when Ainsley walks into the bar. Girl walks into the bar…. Wait this could be a joke, right? Except it is not, it happens to be pure magic, playful and spontaneous magic!

Ainsley quickly sheds what could easily have been a spoiled rich girl attitude and takes on a bunch of shifters with ease and finesse, even when she finds out just what they are. She almost doesn’t bat an eye. Well actually she doesn’t, she just grabs the pan of brownies, locks herself into the closet and deals with it!

I loved the characters; they were strong, loveable and even with a few of them being shifters… they were real. Ainsley is not the skinny ass Paris Hilton rich girl. She is a hard working college graduate with a head for business and quickly takes on the role as head waitress and also the person who will heal Luc’s broken heart.

Biggest issue? It is too fast a read! This is the reason I am not going to give it five stars. It felt rushed, and I was frustrated. Still, what I was planning on being a silly Bodice ripping paranormal romance turned into one of the most fun reads of the summer! In honor, I recreated my brownie in a cup (I included my better than orgasms coffee in my cup so if you want it REALLY yummy, try Green Mountain Black Magic.. OMG down to my … lady-bits, good!)